Give

Our FinancialPosition

2018 Financial Update

  • Income
  • Expenses

Can you believe we’re already 6 months into 2018? It seems like just a couple of months ago we had to cancel worship due to a snowstorm…

As of May 31, 2018, our year-to-date income was $100,738; and our expenses were $119,511. That leaves us with a deficit of $18,733 on the year.

Mid-year contribution statements will be available soon. In the meantime, please remember your financial pledge and make sure you are current on that pledge.

OurBudget

Remember that in our 2018 budget, about 93% of our financial resources go to things we have to pay for: salaries, utilities, building upkeep, etc. That leaves us with about 7% to do the things we want to do: help our community–through Sheridan Story, Little Kitchen Food Shelf, 3rd Sunday Offerings–; educational opportunities, community outreach, and other communities.

We understand the 93% must be paid in order to support our mission. But we need to recognize that by building our donations, we can build that 7% to be a bigger number. And do more work in our community.

You can give to Mt. Carmel in lots of different ways. In our Share section, you can learn about all the ways you can use and give your spiritual gifts and talents, like reading scripture or planning events. But you can also give your money, which not only supports the church’s day-to-day operations but also supports our participation in God’s work in the world.

Check out some of your giving options below. We thank you for considering a gift to Mt. Carmel!


GivingOpportunities

You can always make a quick and easy donation through our online giving platform. You can give a one-time gift or sign up for automatic withdrawal. Gifts given online go to our general fund. Click here to make one.

Mt. Carmel collects an offering every Sunday during worship. You can use an offering envelope in the pew to make a general donation, a donation towards your pledge, or a special gift.

Every month, our Social Ministry and Global Mission Committee highlights one of Mt. Carmel’s ministry partners, inviting a speaker to tell us a little about the organization and how we can help. You can then give a special Third Sunday Offering during the collection time with cash or check. You can also donate with a card after worship during the time of fellowship.

You can give a gift to the church in honor or memory of an individual or group. You can decide whether these gifts go towards specific funds, like the Foundation or the Minibus, or whether they go towards the general fund. We recognize memorial giving every month in our newsletter.

Pledging can go hand-in-hand with online giving or in-church giving. Every fall, if you feel called, you can make a financial pledge to Mt. Carmel for the following year. Why do we ask for pledges? It helps us create our budget and plan for the following year!

You can also include Mt. Carmel in your will. Unless stated for a specific use, Mt. Carmel’s Council will determine the best use for the gift.

Consider donations or an estate plan that includes the Mt. Carmel Foundation.

The Foundation has received gifts ranging from $5 to $100,000 over the years. Gifts are usually received in the form of bequests and memorials, and are invested in perpetuity with the interest spent on vital ministry support.

The Foundation supports various Mt. Carmel ministries such as higher education scholarships, staff development, lay leader training, facility repair and renovation, and program supplies and equipment.