All are welcome.
We are a faith community participating in the life of God, a life that is a gift to us and in which we are actively engaged. That that gift requires us to be actively engaged in the neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis as well. We are a multigenerational community that proudly celebrates our history while joining together with younger generations to follow where God is leading. We build our community through faith practices like prayer, dwelling in the Word and hospitality.
We’re active in our community and our neighborhood, and we’re working to become more involved.
We’re an ELCA congregation that’s been in this spot for over 90 years. Join us on Sundays.
Our mission is to learn, live and share God’s Word.
- Learn who God is through Jesus Christ
- Live as agents of the Holy Spirit in our lives
- Share the life and love that God offers to the world
Our vision is to discover our identity for the 21st century. This discovery will grow out of our own story that God has blessed us with. On this journey, we hope to learn:
- how to form a dynamic intergenerational community that nourishes faith,
- how to empower our members for leadership and callings, and
- how to deepen our outreach and connection in the neighborhood.
Our worship is a public event, not a private club.
We believe Christ lived and died for all people, so regardless of religious background, sexual orientation or political leanings, everyone who is on a spiritual journey is welcome. We worship each week because God has gathered us for a reclamation project. Born anew through baptism, we learn together to live in faith and servanthood. In God’s Word and the sacraments, God has promised to be with us to nurture, guide and send us. Our worship is traditional in style and music but firmly focused on the contemporary world.
From September to May, we offer an education hour after Sunday worship:
- Sunday school for ages 2 years through grade 5
- Youth group for grades 6-12
- Adult forum for adults of all ages on a wide variety of topics
**For now, adult forum and fellowship are on hold**
Learn more about Mt. Carmel
Subscribe to our weekly email!
Stay up-to-date with our weekly email, “The Candle.”