Sharing God’s Word is about moving beyond our church walls into the community around us to do God’s work in the world. We encourage our members to follow their gifts. Our members plan and facilitate outreach both individually and corporately depending on their interests. Our Social Ministry and Global Mission Committee is a great resource for members who want to coordinate outreach. Contact the office to get in touch with them!
Our work in God's mission
We reach out to our community in many ways—one-time volunteer activities, consistent volunteer activities with our ministry partners, financial donations to ministry partners and others, fundraising events and more.
Here are some examples of how Mt. Carmel shares God’s Word.
- We pack sandwiches for the nonprofit Love One Another to give out to those without shelter and food.
- We pack meals for Feed My Starving Children.
- Our kids raise money for Heifer International by selling lemonade.
- We pack both Easter and Thanksgiving baskets for those in our community who need help.
- We clean up Northeast Minneapolis through their “Weed It and Reap” campaign.
- We financially support our local elementary school to ensure all children have access to healthy food through Every Meal (formerly The Sheridan Story).
- We provide refugee resettlement support through Lutheran Social Services.
Our Social Ministry team offers support to anyone with a passion wishing to do work in the community.
Mt. Carmel shares our building with several community groups, including:
- Scouts BSA Troop 132
- Girl Scout Troop
- Casa de Oracion, a Hispanic congregation
- Alcoholic Anonymous
Would you like to plan an outreach project for Mt. Carmel?
Subscribe to our weekly email!
Stay up-to-date with our weekly email, “The Candle.”