You have gifts. Use them, share them.
The truth is, we’ve all got gifts. We want to help you share them with the community and the church.
At Mt. Carmel, there are many ways you can LIVE out God’s Word as that Word lives in us, calls us to meaningful work and works daily in us. We want to help you identify and engage your gifts and passions, equipping you for God’s work in this world. We are all essential parts of Christ’s body, acting with our individual gifts and passions.
Some of our existing opportunities include:
- Worship and Music Committee: A group that assists the pastor and music staff with worship planning and occasional special musical events.
- Prayer Chain: A group that receives and passes on prayers for support and healing. These prayers are specific and unique to the request.
- Visitation Team: A team that visits and brings Holy Communion to members who are not able to regularly attend worship.
- Funeral Committee: A group that supports grieving families by serving luncheons following funerals and memorial services.
- Property Committee: A group that oversees the maintenance and repair of the church building. Performs special projects as needed.
- Tidings Volunteers: Meet monthly to assemble the church newsletter. Enjoy treats and coffee following
- Acolyte: Lights candles and assists with communion and offering.
- Communion Server: Assists the pastor and liturgist during communion by offering wine to communicants.
- Liturgist: Helps the pastor lead service by leading prayers and creeds and assisting in the distribution of elements during communion.
- Lector: Reads scripture during worship.
- Greeter: Welcomes visitors and members alike as they arrive on Sunday mornings.
- Children’s Message: Delivers the brief message to our younger children during the worship service.
- Nursery Attendant: Watches and plays with younger children in the nursery during worship.
- Soundboard Technician: Monitors the soundboard and assists worship leaders with microphones, slideshows and video feeds during worship.
- Usher: Passes out bulletins, assists with communion and collects offering.
- Minibus Driver: Picks up and takes home worshipers who need transportation. Occasional opportunities to drive for community events.
- Altar Guild: Prepares the altar and church pews for services. Meets as needed. Members usually sign up for 2–3 months per year, 1.5–2 hours per week during your month.
- Hand Bell Choir: Plays during worship once a month, sometimes more. Meets Wednesday nights from 6:30–7:30 p.m.
- Sanctuary Choir: Sings for church services during worship. All are welcome even if you can’t make every rehearsal. Meets Wednesday nights from 7:30–8:30 p.m.
Interested in volunteering?
Subscribe to our weekly email!
Stay up-to-date with our weekly email, “The Candle.”