Regular Sunday Worship (September through May 2013)
9:30 am Worship - Holy Communion celebrated weekly
10:30 am Refreshments/Fellowship
10:45 am Sunday School (age 2 through grade 5), "Reel Faith" for teens
11:00 am Adult Education Time
12:00 Noon Casa de Oración a las Naciones (Hispanic congregation)
- May 21: Mt. Carmelites softball team takes on Adagios at 6:00 pm at Veteran's Park. The field is behind New Brighton City Hall. Spectators welcome!
- May 19-23 Families Moving Forward: http://www.beaconinterfaith.org/what-we-do/families-moving-forward. Working together, Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran, First Lutheran and Mount Carmel will host 4 families needing temporary housing. Volunteers are needed to prepare/serve meals, help with evening activities and prepare rooms for families to use during this week. Contact Myrna Lamberton or the church office to volunteer. Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FMFOpensDoors
- May 25: Neighborhood prayer walk hosted by Mission Northeast churches. This month's prayer walk will be in the Beltrami neighborhood. Meet at Beltrami Nazarene at 10:30 am. Maps and instructions will be available. For those interested in meeting for fellowship over lunch we will walk over to Uncle Frankie's on Broadway after the prayer walk.
- Jun 17-20: 10-11:00 am Summer Spanish Camp for elementary school age children. Children will learn sonngs, try different foods and do crafts. Please spread the word to friends and neighbors! A free will offering will be accepted towards the capital campaign. Contact Michelle Stockinger at 612-781-5777 if you can join in the fiesta!
- Jun 18: Mission Northeast will be hosting a float in the NE Parade. Mt. Carmel along with other NE churches are walking with the Mission Northeast parade float collecting cans of food for the local foodshelf. Walk the parade route with us. E-mail Pastor Dodd with your commitment and T-shirt size: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jul 9, 16, 23 and 30: Summer Storytime returns this summer at 10:00 am on the four Tuesdays in July. We will meet on the patio for stories of adventure followed by activities, crafts and snacks.
- Jul 10, 17, 24 and 31: Summer Stretch returns this summer for youth ages 12 and up. We will partner with St. Timothy's and Nativity this summer as we serve our community in the morning, eat lunch together, and have fun in the afternoons. Aug 1: is Valley Fair Day Registration forms will be available soon and friends are always welcome. The cost is $10 per day plus $25 for Valley Fair. Mark you calendars to save the dates!
- Jul 15-18: Mark your calendars for Vacation Bible School at Mt. Carmel. Our theme is "Serengeti, Where Kids are Wild About Jesus". Supper will be served at 5:30 pm. We will travel to Africa through stories, songs, games and activities. All Sunday School aged children and their friends are invited. The evenings conclude by 7:00 pm.
- Aug 2-4: Family camping will take place the first weekend of August. Sign up with Pastor Karen. More details coming soon.
For programs and other opportunities, see the Tidings newsletter.